TO THE SHOP...

Saturday 27 February 2010

Challenge 25 'Embossing,' Winner of Ch 24 & Goodbye to Elaine

How to play: This fortnights theme is 'Embossing,' you need to make a craft item (card or other) which features embossing somewhere, it must also include a DIGI IMAGE somewhere but this doesn't have to be a Bee Crafty one.

Please submit your entry by Saturday 13th March (Midday UK) by posting on your own blog and leaving a comment below, with a direct link to your item if possible (see the link tip to the right). The PRIZE is one of Bee Craftys downloads!

There are lots of different approaches to embossing and many tools available, my DT have used a variety of techniques and included some tips to inspire you with their examples...

Victoria spotted a great tutorial on The Cuttlebug Spot which inspired her to create this fantastic double embossed card using 'Seated Bunny.'
 
 
Sheri has combined two embossing techniques to great effect in her super boys card using 'Seated Boy.'
 
The main panel was embossed with an embossing folder (Dots by Quickutz). The little panel that Seated Boy is sitting on was embossed by hand using my Score Board & Tool.
 
Start with a larger piece of paper, you can then trim to size. Tip: If score tool is not scoring easily, lightly rub a piece of wax paper over your cardstock. The tool will now move more easily.
 
Kim has used heat embossing on her charming birthday card using 'Little Lady Birthday.'
 
Here are some tips for heat embossing on a digital image:

Option #1: To emboss the entire image, print image from a ink jet printer. Ink stays wet longer. Apply embossing powder immediately so that it will still stick to the image. Emboss with heating tool. (I didn't do ithis option on my card.)

Option #2: If the embossing powder doesn't stay on at all for you using option #1, try using a Zig emboss writer. It's a pen so you would just go over the entire image and then apply the powder. Work with small sections as it dries up fast as well. Emboss with heating tool. This is what I did on my card.
 
Lori's very pretty card using 'Whimsical Girl and Bird' is embossed with 2 different Quikutz folders - Large and Small Dots - in addition to some heat embossing with clear embossing powder and heat gun on the image.
 
Trix has created a charming, rustic card with 'Fluffy Bunny and Flowers' which uses an embossed background.
 
Winner of Challenge 24 'Sew Cute' ...is Renata for her beautifully made and cleverly stitched card, well done!
 
Goodbye to DT member Elaine. Elaine has been a great member of the Bee Crafty Design Team, producing consistently lovely, well crafted cards....but due to other commitments has had to leave us.
Best wishes Elaine, you will certainly be missed!

54 comments:

天氣的 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous cards Ladies!! We will miss you, Elaine!!

Christina Hicks said...

http://christi-hicks.blogspot.com/2010/02/goodbye-teddy.html
Here is my card.

Linda said...

Really wonderful cards made by the DT...thank you for the all the inspiration!!

Here’s my card.

Elaine ♥ said...

Awww thanks Merrigan and team :) Sad to go but have loved every minute of being on your team :)

Will be popping back and taking part when I can though so..... watch this space lol!

Hugs
Elaine x

Chrissie said...

Great challenge yet again and wonderful, inspiring DT work.


My card is here
Chrissie

ribenaruby said...

Thanks for another challenge, fab theme and my card can be found here Thanks for looking!

Unknown said...

What a great way to get home from holiday! Thanks for picking me as a winner.

Renata

Nikki said...

Beautiful Cards and Love Embossing Here's Mine
Thanks for looking
Hugs Nikki
P.S. Also have some Digi Candy too

Anne said...

Wow Bee, thank you so much for featuring my card, I'm honoured you think it good enough. Hugs x

Desiréé said...

My entry ...

Piali said...

Great challenge!!Here is my card
thanks.

Jennifer said...

Fun challenge. Here's mine.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great challenge- I hope to make another!
http://shellymc2.blogspot.com/2010/03/im-back-for-quickie.html
Shelly

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Merrigan, another awesome challenge this week and gorgeous DT cards. You can see my card here. Hugs, Denise x

Maria Matter said...

the cards are beautiful!
here's my card:
... Joyful Stamper: Creative Card Crew is Celebrating!!

blessings, Maria

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

http://craft-princess.blogspot.com/2010/03/easter-bunny.html

Here is my entry!
Thanks!

Cheri said...

My entry can be found at http://creationsdecheri.blogspot.com/2010/03/cac-sketch-3-2.html

Thanks for looking. :)

Maureen said...

All of these are just too cute!!

Here's my card.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely DT cards. Here is my card Marianne x

Penny said...

Here is mine
Penny

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Great DT Cards Heres mine Hugs Julie x

Angela Toucan said...

fabulous set of DT cards

here's my card
http://colestoucan.blogspot.com/2010/03/i-want-to-make-something-with-mummy.html

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, the DT samples are simply gorgeous! Soooooo inspiring; tfs!

You can see my card HERE.

Thanks so much for a fun challenge! And since I bought a bunch of Bee Crafty digi images today, I'll be playing again soon ... with Bee Crafty images!!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

What stunning cards your DT have created!!!

You can view my card here

Sarah Bullock said...

Loving the blog and the challenge was very good fun! Got to use my new digi that I purchased today!
Check mine out! Love Sarah x

Liz McGuire, said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz McGuire, said...

Here is my card for this weeks challenge.

The DT cards are fab.

Thanks for looking,

Liz x
buttonsforbrains

PinksyDoodles said...

Great DT cards!
There's only a small bit of dry embossing on mine so I hope it counts.
here's mine
Clare x

Lisa said...

great job DT's here's mine

Paula said...

My card is here:-

http://paulaholifieldcrafts.blogspot.com/2010/03/mothers-day-card.html

Thanks

Paula. x

ThePurplePlace said...

I had a really fun time with the challenge and always like to use embossing on many of my cards!

This card is very special to me as it's for a dear sweet boy who will be turning (Ten) this week. I thought it would be a lot of fun to submit Jett's card to a lot a of challenge and then if it happens to WIN, I can show him on his birthday!

Thanks for a great challenge - you can find my card on my blog - Click Here!

Thanks,
Lisa

Karen said...

Hi there,
I'm quite new to this site but I have to say that I absolutely love it!! :-)
You can find my entry by looking on http://kraftykarens.blogspot.com/p/blog-challenges.html

I'm sorry but I don't know how to link it with the words "look here" like you all have! Maybe if anyone would like to explain to this novice how it's done, I would be ever so grateful!!

Lovely cards everyone by the way!!

Karen.
xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous DT cards, my entry is here

Thanks

Jan x

KymKreates said...

great DT inspirations

 my entry
>

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Wonderful DT samples! Here is mine:

http://daydreamsbymichelle.blogspot.com/2010/03/spring-in-bloom.html

Amanda said...

My first entry for your challenges is below

http://pandaspaperplaytime.blogspot.com/2010/03/another-day-another-challenge-well-five.html

Anonymous said...

Wow...stunning samples...great work guy's...
heres my attempt

http://peterjdan.blogspot.com/2010/03/crafty-cardmakers-challenge-cardthis.html

x
Vicky

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a great challenge and samples by the dt! You can go here to see my entry!

scrappingdragon said...

http://nogards-space.blogspot.com/2010/03/toothy.html

here is mine

scrappingdragon said...

http://nogards-space.blogspot.com/2010/03/toothy.html

here is mine

Kim Mc said...

beautiful inspiration! Here's mine!

Aloha, Kim

marsha said...

Beautiful creations! Here's mine:

http://stampingdownsouth.blogspot.com/2010/03/youre-invited-to-tea.html

Stef H said...

Here's mine!

Scrappy said...

Here is a card from me:

http://big-scrappy-world.blogspot.com/2010/03/are-your-copics-running-on-empty-or.html

Scrappy said...

Here is another entry from me:

http://big-scrappy-world.blogspot.com/2010/03/hang-in-there-lil-monster.html

Unknown said...

Fab DT inspiration.
My entry is here
Hugs
Dawn xx

Scrappy said...

Yet another from me:

http://big-scrappy-world.blogspot.com/2010/03/2nd-obg-post-for-today.html

Kerry said...

Great lineup from the DT!!! HERE is mine.

Hazel said...

my card is here x

Scrappy said...

Here is another from me:

http://big-scrappy-world.blogspot.com/2010/03/freebie-friday-at-bugaboo-stamps-post-1.html

Dragonlady said...

Hi there

Great DT cards, and here is my entry

Hugs Ali x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Merrigan, what a great challenge this week. Gorgeous DT cards. You can see my card here. Hugs, Denise x

Scrappy said...

One Last Entry, Just under the wire!

You can find my last entry for this challenge HERE